April 08, 2011
The Fox School’s Institute for Business and Information Technology in collaboration with the Special Issue on Digital Business Strategy of Management Information Systems Quarterly (MISQ) presents the Fox IT symposium: CIO 2.0: Next generation of insights on digital business strategy.
The symposium will integrate different points of views on how IT shapes and influences business strategy. As exponential advances in the price/performance of computing, storage, bandwidth, and software applications drive the next generation of digital technologies, it is time to rethink the role of IT strategy, from functional-level strategy aligned, but subordinate to business strategy, to a fusion between IT strategy and business strategy termed digital business strategy. The symposium will discuss how next-generation CIOs can take advantage of their deep knowledge of digital technology to take a leadership role in their firm’s formulation of business strategy.
- Andrea Anania, Retired, VP and CIO, CIGNA
- Richard Cohen, Managing Director Principal, Deloitte
- Bruce Fadem, Retired, VP and CIO, Wyeth
- Jim Accardi, CIO, Education, Aramark
- Edward Quinn, VP – Application Development, Hewlett-Packard
- Paul A. Pavlou, Associate Professor, Temple University