The Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) at the Fox School of Business, Temple University is proud to partner with the Association for Information Systems to release the first ever Information Systems (IS) Job Index. The report is intended for high school counselors, prospective and current students, IS academics, HR professionals, hiring managers, and legislators. The 2013 report concludes that:
- The IS job market is healthy with high placement levels of 74% overall and 78% upon graduation.
- Bachelor IS students average salary is $57,212 while Master IS students average salary is $65,394.
- 76% of IS graduates are satisfied with their jobs, and 76% are confident they will perform well in those jobs. 73% found jobs related to their chosen degree.
- Information Technology, Financial Services, and Business Services / Consulting are the top industries for IS jobs.
- The most common job classification is Systems Analyst at 35% for Bachelor students and 28% for Master students.
- IS students are industrious and use multiple techniques and sources to find jobs.
- IS students are moderately confident and moderately positive about the job search process.
- Access to Career Services centers is the most important for getting a job. IS students value faculty support more than central University support.
- IS students rate themselves knowledgeable about their profession.
- IS students are 68% male, 55% white, and 28% Asian.
To learn more and download the complete report, click here.