This module provides a primer on strategic data analytics and its role in organizational decision-making. You will learn how to work with dimensional data and data cubes, which provide the core skill required for a successful business intelligence initiative. Dimensional data analysis provides organizations with a unique competitive advantage in analyzing large data sets. The module also includes best-practices for leveraging the value of business intelligence through effective reporting and visual communication.
The module is taught through a combination of demonstrations, case studies, and hands-on analysis of strategic business problems using Microsoft Excel.
- The Strategic Role of Data in Organizations
- Dimensional Data Analysis
- Techniques for Integrating Data
- Visualizing and Presenting Results
- Understand how organizations have leveraged BI to achieve new insights
- Understand the structure and rationale for dimensional data and how it differs from relational data
- Identify relevant data to be included in the dimensional data store
- Identify and resolve issues concerning the integration of data across multiple sources
- Use pivot tables and charts to analyze dimensional data in Microsoft Excel
- Choose the best method of visually representing data to your audience
This module is part of the Business Intelligence certificate.