This module covers the key product areas and social networking platforms essential to organizational social media strategy. It provides attendees with practical knowledge based on insights derived from implementing as well as studying social media. The fast-paced two-day schedule provides insights into the major principles underlying social media success. The session includes hands-on knowledge of key tools such as WordPress blogs, Flickr photo sharing, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- What is social media?
- Blogging, online photo sharing, and social networking.
- Building an online audience through compelling content, micro-content, and content syndication.
- Content management, podcasting, video-casting, and webcasts.
- Leveraging the wisdom of the crowds.
- Key tools and technologies including: WordPress.com, Flickr.com, RSS, Feedburner, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Digg, reedit, wikis, and Wikipedia.
- Demystify essential social media products and techniques.
- Master content creation and social networking tools and learn how to build a blog.
- Learn skills and tools to successfully participate in social media initiatives.
- Create a personal social media strategy.
This module is part of the Social Media certificate.