What are the students‘ eligibility requirements for the IBIT industry experience?
- Be a full time degree seeking undergraduate
- Junior or higher status
- Minimum GPA of 2.8
How does the IBIT industry experience differ from part-time or summer work?
- It is related to a students major or career goals
- Positions are for credit, paid, or both
- Students have a faculty advisor
Is your firm obligated to offer permanent full-time employment after graduation?
- There is no obligation on the part of your firm to make a permanent offer, nor is the student obligated to remain with your firm after graduation. However, many employers utilize internships as a way to pre-screen prospective employees.
Do the students have to start work at the beginning of the semester?
- A company may request a student at any time during the year.
What‘s the pay scale for students?
- The IBIT industry experience program does not have specific requirements for salaries and relies on the employer to determine wages. Please contact IBIT for assistance on typical pay scales.
Do students receive benefits?
- Benefits vary from company to company. You are not required to provide benefits.
Is a firm obligated to keep a student if their performance is poor?
- The student should be counseled and the instructor informed. If the problem cannot be resolved, the student may be removed from the position for any non-discriminatory reason at any time.