The Fox School’s Institute for Business and Information Technology is pleased to welcome AstraZeneca and Transaction Network Services as new members.
Michael Bradshaw, Vice President, IT Services, Lockheed Martin, Jeff Hamilton, Senior Vice President, Pfizer, and Larry Dignan, Editor in Chief, ZDNet, Smart Planet; Editorial Director, TechRepublic join the IBIT sponsored Fox MIS advisory board.
Paul Pavlou is the new editor of The IBIT Report. Dr. Pavlou is an internally recognized scholar with more than 7000 citations in Google Scholar and he was recently ranked Number 1 in the world for research productivity by the Association for Information Systems (AIS). Dr. Pavlou also has extensive experience in engaging with industry and working on industry relevant projects. As part of this new role, Dr. Pavlou will accelerate the identification of new ideas and content for future reports.
Learn more about Dr. Paul Pavlou.
The Fox School’s Institute for Business and Information Technology is pleased to announce a program for industry to engage with students. This new highly customizable and flexible program provides employers with access to student employees. The program termed “industry experience” provides students with new options to gain ‘experiential’ – on the job learning. The IBIT industry experience consists of three different types of internships:
- Traditional internships in which students are employed on site, have a fixed schedule, and a general supervisor and mentor.
- Project-based internships in which students interact with the firm on a project basis, follow a flexible schedule, work on-site and off-site, and have a project-based supervisor.
- Service learning internships in which students work on a community-service project that is of interest to employees of the firm.
Students receive academic credit and will register for a class that is graded as part of the industry experience. The instructor will provide the overall structure for the experience, the employer is responsible for supervising the student. For more information, please visit:
The Fox School’s Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) announces three new Executive Education programs that solve important business problems and provide the specific skills needed to create tangible business value and opportunity. The following programs are currently registering participants for sessions starting July 2011:
- Social Media: Managing Your Online Presence
- Demystify essential social media tools and techniques
- Hands-on projects with Google Analytics, WordPress, Twitter, Facebook Pages
- Lead your organization to social media success and partnerships
- Business Intelligence: Applying Data Analytics to Unlock Business Potential
- Learn best practices for the strategic use of data
- Apply predictive modeling, pattern recognition, and web intelligence to gain business insight
- Hands-on projects with SAS Enterprise Miner, Google Analytics, and Excel
- Business is Design (offered in collaboration with the Center for Design+Innovation)
- How do you mobilize the collective power of your organization?
- How do you become a visionary leader that inspires the best in all of your employees?
- How do you design an organization with a perpetual engine for innovation?
IBIT Executive Education programs are offered in small highly interactive modules limited to 25 participants of 2 days each. Instructors integrate practice and academics to provide a state-of-the art experience. Each participant receives a certificate of completion.
Alter Hall, Fox School of Business, on the main campus of Temple University in Philadelphia provides a state-of-the-art facility for instruction, networking, and amenities. The programs are offered in a new high-tech flexible meeting space that features multi-user wireless projectors, innovative lighting, glass white boards and movable seating and furniture.
The program fee includes case materials and meals. IBIT members receive complimentary seats and discounted fees. Discounts are also available for Temple alumni and recent alums of the Fox MIS department.
For more information, please visit the new IBIT Executive Education site at: http://ExecEd.ibit.temple.edu
The Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) is pleased to announce its new site at http://ibit.temple.edu. The site has been redesigned from the ground-up to better serve all the IBIT stakeholders – corporate members, faculty, and students. The site which is based on the WordPress platform provides extensive content management and social media features. Specific highlights include:
- Comprehensive and easy to navigate access to all current and previous IBIT programs including the IT awards, Fox IT symposium, and The IBIT Report.
- A new executive education site that will provide participants with collaborative and social media enabled access to all program materials
- A special area to feature IBIT members.