- Suja Chandrasekaren, Vice President of Enterprise Information Management, Walmart Stores, Inc, will speak on Walmart’s big data initiatives.
- Adrian R. Gardner, Director of IT and Communications Directorate and Chief Information Officer, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, will speak on federal big data initiatives including data.gov.
- James Golden, Lead Partner, Accenture will speak on improving healthcare through big data and data sources and technologies that are disrupting traditional methods of storing, accessing, and analyzing healthcare data.
- Thomas Hughes, Director, Enterprise Business Intelligence, Campbell Soup Company will speak on Campbell’s plan to leverage enterprise information and analytics to grow the firm.
- William Stolte, Senior Director, Shared Business Services, Data Excellence and Analytics, Merck, will speak on the analytics capability at Merck delivered through a shared business service model as well as case studies on travel and working capital optimization and compliance.
- Arnab Gupta, CEO & Founder, Opera Solutions will focus on the value and process of distilling predictive signals from raw data flows and explain why combining machines’ computing power with humans’ superior reasoning is the best way to apply big data.
- Clark Frogley, Executive VP & COO, Chartis Global Investigative Services, will focus on predictive analytics and real time three dimensional analysis to identify insurance fraud.
- Josh Raysman, Senior Director, Data Management & Analytics, Pfizer, will speak on the implications of the data deluge in the pharmaceutical industry and the potential it may hold to improve health & well-being at every stage of life.
- David Jonker, Director, Big Data, SAP, will speak on applying big data for business operations and present the case study of Mitsui.
- Caron Kogan, Strategic Planning Director, Lockheed Martin, will speak on predictive analytics and the ability to leverage entire sets of massive and complex data to significantly enhance the accuracy of predictive modeling.
- David Schuff, Associate Professor & Director, Temple University, will focus on social media big data and how it influences election outcomes, and discuss a new social media big data set, tools, and measures of candidate’s social media presence.
- Sarah Aerni, Senior Data Scientist, Greenplum, a division of EMC, will speak on the petabytes of data in medicine such as medical claims and patient data and the results, models, and insights from case studies in healthcare.
- Ravi Chawla, Director, Informatics, Independence Blue Cross, will speak on applying predictive analytics to marketing including (a) predicting small group attrition and (b), likelihood that individuals will enroll in an individual product.
- Brian F. McCaffrey, Director, SAP and Business Process, Wawa, Inc., will speak on how Wawa is using its corporate data warehouse to implement a data intensive fact-based new product test methodology.
- Ryan Caplan, CEO, ColdLight, will speak on iterative, self-optimizing data analysis techniques and how to create analytics centers of innovation.
- Paul Pavlou, Professor, Temple University, will provide an integrative summary of big data do’s and don’ts based on the presentations at the Big Data Conference.
- Mark Headd, Chief Data Officer, City of Philadelphia, will speak on Philadelphia’s open data initiatives and how business can benefit.
All presentations will be vetted in advance by the conference committee. It is expected that each presentation will include a discussion of business value, the underlying analytical methodology, and the supporting information technology infrastructure.
If you would like to present at the conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.