The coronavirus is having a tremendous impact on the economy. Particularly hard hit are small businesses and non-profits that rely on physical engagement. Many of these have had to switch their models as best they can, coordinating by phone or through remote work. For some, going digital is a lifeline to survive. However, the business may not have the time, knowledge or resources to implement a digital model quickly.
The Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) at Temple University is offering no cost digital services to small businesses and non-profits. Each project using a digital triage approach will quickly perform one or all of needs analysis, identification of relevant resources, implementation, training, and remote operation.
The digital services include but are not limited to:
- Create or modify a website to improve the business or non-profit
- Create or modify a digital storefront to enhance e-commerce (e.g., list the top 50 things that are available)
- Remote work (e.g., procedures and tools for staff to work off-site)
- Consultation and technology to take your existing operation digital
We can assist on most digital tools and resources that are available on the cloud/web. Onsite hardware and software installation and configuration is not feasible given the current environment. The focus is on helping existing businesses or non-profits who have experienced problems. To get started please proceed as follows:
Please provide the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name of business and description
- Website link (if applicable)
- Digital issue/problem related to COVID-19
- Year business was established
- Zip code
- Size of business:
- # of FT and PT employees
- Approximate number of customers/clients/users (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Approximate number of products/services
- For-profit or non-profit
We reserve the right to select and work on a limited set of projects.