- Any Temple University student.
- Work individually or in teams.
- No registration required.
What you can use
- Any software tool.
- Workshops will be offered in October.
What you should submit
- The graphic. It can be a static image or interactive (such as Flash).
- A brief description, less than one single-spaced page, what’s great about your graphic.
- Make sure it’s clear which one of the three challenges you’re addressing.
How you should submit
- Email your entry to email@example.com by 11:59 P.M. on October 30, 2014.
- Attach the graphic and the description as separate files to a single email message with the subject “Entry for Analytics Challenge”.
- Convert static graphics to PDF format. The one-page description must also be in PDF format. There are free tools that do this, such as PDF Creator.
- Interactive visualizations must run without special software on any PC running Windows 7.
- The name of the challenge, all team members’ names, and their AccessNet IDs (not TUIDs) must be clearly displayed on the graphic and the one-page description.
What happens after you submit
- You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging your entry.
- Finalists will be notified by email by November 10, 2014.
- Finalists will present their work in front of the judging panel on November 17, 2014.
Your entry will not be accepted if…
- It is submitted after the deadline.
- The attachments won’t open or are in the wrong file format.
- Your interactive visualization won’t run.
- You don’t specify the challenge you are addressing.
- Team member names and their AccessNet IDs are not on both the graphic and the description.
How entries will be evaluated
- Clarity (how well the graphic stands on its own without additional explanation)
- Novelty/creativity (originality of thought; surprising way of approaching the data)
- Provides meaningful insight into the data
- Integration of multiple data sets to yield new insights
- Utility of the visualization in aiding decision making
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.