The IT Advisory Board, comprising top business leaders from multiple industries, has announced a new scholarship program to begin in Fall of 2014. Funded on a voluntary basis and managed by the board’s members, the scholarship grants select students awards of $5,000 toward tuition each year, totaling approximately $50,000 awarded annually.
Just how are the students chosen? We spoke with Advisory Board Chairman Bruce Fadem, former CIO and VP of Wyeth, who cited as primary criteria exceptional academic achievement, previous accomplishments, and future potential. “A minimum GPA will be used to screen candidates,” said Fadem. “The board will also consider need in their decision-making process.”
The Fox IT Advisory Board
- Bruce Fadem (Chair), Former VP & CIO, Wyeth
- Andrea Anania, Former VP & CIO, CIGNA
- Michael Bradshaw, VP & CIO, Lockheed Martin
- Jonathan A. Brassington, Founding Partner, CEO, LiquidHub Inc.
- Rich Cohen, Managing Director, Deloitte
- Craig Conway, CTO, Livingston International
- Larry Dignan, Editor-in-Chief, ZDnet
- Jeff Hamilton, SVP, Business Technology, Pfizer
- Ben-Saba Hasan, SVP – IT, Walmart
- David Kaufman, Executive Consultant & Partner, FIN Strategy Advisers
- George Llado, VP – IT, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Tim O’Rourke, VP & CIO, Temple University
- Matt Pammer, VP – IS, AstraZeneca
- Niraj Patel, Chief Strategy Officer, Elsag North America
- Kent Seinfeld, Retired SVP & CIO, Commerce Bank
- Joseph Spagnoletti, SVP & CIO, Campbell Soup Company
- Joe Weiss, Chairman, Electronic Ink
Further details about all the IBIT managed scholarships are available at: http://ibit.temple.edu/programs/scholarships/