The Digital Innovation Foundry (DIF) generates innovation by assessing, integrating, and prototyping digital technologies.
- A prototype generator, analytical engine, and demonstration showcase.
- Solve problems, build demonstrations, and generate solutions as part of research or industry projects.
- A collaboration and project home where teams work on projects in the Digital Innovation Lab.
- All Temple University faculty and students can participate.
- Engage and commission faculty and/or student short or multi-term projects.
- Co-explore novel technologies – prototype, assess, and evaluate new ideas in the lab.
- Co-create the user experience or algorithm of digital projects.
- Assess the value of digital projects.
- Apply design thinking to leverage new technology and generate prototypes.
- Solve problems with industry professionals.
- Up to $5,000 in grants and scholarships plus technology budget.
- Conduct design science research, build research toolkits, publish research.
- Collaborate with industry and assess the value of digital transformation projects.
- Up to $10,000 grant plus technology and student budget.
Requirements and approach
- Digital first approach.
- You own your project, DIF supports with human, financial, and technological resources.
- Participate in demonstrations and annual showcase.
- Corporate: Receive first option rights to invest in any resulting intellectual property.
- Students: Independent study class with final report.
- Faculty: Publish report in DIF outlet and acknowledge support in publications.
- Maximum of seven projects at a time.
- DIF team approves and reviews projects providing light weight curation.
- An advisory council of senior executives is available for strategic advice on projects.
- Persson-Barbour Family
- Jonathan Brassington
- Bruce and Betsy Fadem
- Andrea Anania Stewart
- Niraj and Cara Patel
- IBIT Partners
- Fox School of Business